Thursday, November 9, 2017

Life has taught me, life has grown me


By: Alabi Grace

And I left what I was writing, and started playing with the candle by my bed side
I started pouring the candle wax on my fingernails and on my palm
It brought back so many memories of when I was a child

When life was simple and free

When life was not complicated, no forming
When we will be playing with the candle wax till it goes off
Pouring the wax on our palms and nails
It used to be so painful then
Today I poured some on my nails and palm and I’m amazed at how little the pain is
It got me wondering, was the pain that much then?
How come I feel little or no pain now from what used to hurt so much then?
Then, I realized I’m a grown woman now
Life has taught me to be strong, cos most times being strong is the only option I have
I’ve borne worse than the pain that comes from the candle wax
Hence, I feel little to nothing from the hot candle wax
Life has taught me, life has grown me

No comments:

Post a Comment

48 years together and still counting...